Friday, December 18, 2009

Today I will just share a couple of poems.


Yonder Mountain

What is that on yonder mountain?
Is it real or just a dream?
For there I see a resting place,
Just beside a sparkling stream.

I rise and wipe my dampened brow, And stretch my weary back,
I start the journey haltingly,
I feel my weighty pack.

But I must reach that resting place,
'Twas never just a dream,
It lies on yonder mountain,
There beside a sparkling stream.

I Wonder Where They Are Tonight

When it’s cold and dark and deep,
I wonder where the squirrels sleep.
Are they safe and warm and sound,
When night shades have fallen down?

I wonder if the birds are warm,
If perchance ‘twould come a storm,
I hope that they can safely rest,
In their leafy little nest.

I look out on the cold, damp night
‘Tis such a dark and lonely sight,
But God His loving hand doth send,
And then He safely tucks them in.

Photo of squirrel compliments of
http://webclipart.about.com/

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful poems this morning! Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ms. Mary! Enjoyed both of your poems, and it's funny about the birds, because the last time it rained here a few days ago, there were birds perched on the powerlines just getting soaked! I asked them if they "didn't have sense to come in out of the rain" as my dad used to say. They just kept sitting there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mary for sharing 2 of your lovely poems.

    ReplyDelete